Sunday, June 5, 2011

Artist Spotlight - Keith Lo Bue

While in Sydney, I met artist Keith Lo Bue. He attended my workshops at the Eclectic Studio where he frequently teaches. He also teaches in the U.S., and I have seen him at various retreats in the past, but I've never had the pleasure of talking to him about his art.


I love that he calls his art blog "Stuffsmith," because that's what he does--he makes all kinds of mixed media art out of stuff. These are all pictures of his work. You can see more at his blog here.


The electroplating really inspired him. I can't wait to see how he incorporates plating into his work.


Here is a blog post where he details the steps for electroforming a starfish. He then makes a ring with the copper starfish by cold connecting it to a broken teacup. How clever is that?


Keith's mixed media jewelry classes are very popular abroad and in the United States. If you can't catch him in person, he also sells e-books and DVDs on his website here.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Laura/Sherri! Nice to see my work here - I'm thrilled with the info learned at your workshops, Sherri - I've been spreading the word about your products and classes...

    ReplyDelete